Why attend this workshop?- Understand systematic performance troubleshooting: How to tackle ad-hoc performance issues
- Ready-to-use scripts and many live demonstrations
ObjectivesImprove your performance troubleshooting skills. Learn a systematic approach and using the right tool for the right job when facing an ad-hoc troubleshooting task
Required skillsBasic understanding of Oracle Architecture and how Oracle works. SQL, SQL*Plus scripting
Target audienceDBAs and developers
Course descriptionIn this one day workshop the following topics will be covered:
- An overview of a systematic approach to performance troubleshooting
- The importance of session statistics, the Oracle wait interface and more advanced instrumentation available
- Which methods to analyze runtime activities of Oracle are available along with many examples and live demonstrations
- How does Oracle execute a SQL statement and how do I read execution plans?
- Which options are available with Oracle Standard Edition?
- Oracle Enterprise Edition with Diagnostic & Tuning Pack: How to make most of the features offered like AWR, ADDM, Active Session History and Real-Time SQL Monitoring and in what situation I use which of them?